Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Alfred Angelo-Take Two

Fast forward: March

My fiancé', maid of honor/wedding planner, and I were checking out some possible venues. I noticed on my GPS that not only were the two venues we were looking at relatively close to each other, but the Alfred Angelo bridal shop wasn't too far, either. After the venue visits, we decided to make a stop at the bridal shop, although we didn't have an appointment. The sale had just started for the gowns. I didn't want to try the gown on because I didn't want him to see the dress as of yet. However, Mandy (the maid of honor) did look around and try on some dresses.

We did mention that before, we had tried to set up an appointment and no one had gotten back to us about rescheduling. The lady assured both of us that it wouldn't happen again. So we decided to give them another shot because I wanted to take advantage of the sale.

I put it in the hands of Mandy to try to set up an appointment with them. She and I both tried a combined total of six times to get a hold of them, continuously leaving messages. No one called back.

I knew I had to let my job know in advance so I could take off the time to go, but with my not hearing anything back from Alfred Angelo, it put me in a bit of a bind, and I was not a happy camper at all. Plus it was close to the end of the sale, and because I had not heard word, I was going to miss out on saving up to $300 on the dress I wanted.

Not good customer service at all.

So, that's when I went on Alfred Angelo's website, got their customer service e-mail address, and let them know about the less than exceptional service I had received from their Cherry Hill location. Sure, there's other locations I could go to, but they are further out than the one in Cherry Hill. I just felt like if that location did not have time for me, they should have let me know; then I could have invested the time and gas to get to one of their other spots. But neither my maid of honor nor I received any type of response either way. That's the thing that got to me…if not a phone call, at least an E-mail.

It's a shame you don't get results until you complain. I didn't want to because I've been on the other side of the coin. Where I had to be the representative trying to provide the customer service, so I tried to be understanding by giving them another shot. But after I gave another shot and Mandy and I both felt like we were ignored.

Does it stop me from loving the product? No.

But it does give me pause with the service associated with the product because it is not how you treat a person who wants to do business with you.

I missed out on the sale, but they are now being more attentive, sending out E-mails about scheduling the appointment. Mandy is still going to see if they are willing to give some money off the dress for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, I am exploring other options, just in case this doesn't pan out. But it would be a shame if I missed out on the ultimate dream dress because of nightmarish service.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment