Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Alfred Angelo: Take One


 


I am really a big fan of the clothing. I think they do a good job of having different types of gowns for every type of figure. I really love that they have the Dream in Color series.

When I first envisioned my wedding…it was entirely different in a sense that I envisioned my dress to be long sleeved, satin and lace. It looked very traditional in form. However, that was back in 1996, and that dress retailed for about $5,000.

Since then, I have discovered many things:

  1. Lace, although pretty, is very delicate and can tear somewhat easily. Also, at times, it can be a bit scratchy. I don't want to tear anything or be super itchy during the day.
  2. I've noticed that the sleeve trend leans more towards see thru. If I'm going to have sleeves that are see thru, I might as well not have sleeves.
  3. I don't have five thousand dollars to invest on a dress.

Now that all of that is out of the way, I could have a realistic take of what I wanted my dress to appear like. I fell in love with a dress in the Dream in Color series by Alfred Angelo…in the exact blue I want for the wedding.

I discovered I liked the look of this dress, along with about four others, in late January. I know the ceremony isn't until late next year, but I figured it's never too early to take a look and make a decision.

So I got on the website itself, signed up to be a part of Passport (so I could save the designs I wanted to try on), and went through the online process to make an appointment back in February. A couple of days before heading out to the location, which is about forty minutes from me, I got a call from them saying they couldn't do the 2pm appointment for Saturday, if I could come at 6pm. Since I wasn't quite familiar with where I was going, and it still was getting dark pretty early at the time, I did call them back and let them know that 6pm wasn't feasible for me, to please call me back to do a reschedule. However, one of the retailers of their products, which was closer, was able to accommodate me in order to try on some dresses. I tried on all the choices….one of them wasn't available (and it was my prime pic), but it was my second choice that ended up capturing my heart the most.

A few weeks later, Alfred Angelo advertised there would be a sale on the dresses, up to $300 off. I figured it would be a good time to try to get the down payment together to get the dress. However, the catch was that it had to be at the Alfred Angelo shop itself not an authorized retailer to redeem the coupon.

Would I be able to negotiate for them to make an exception? Or would I give the Alfred Angelo shop another go?

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment